Wednesday, June 10, 2009

USGA Does Right By Juniors

Hey LI golfers,

I had an opportunity to attend the USGA volunteer training in the merchandise tent, which is the size of a football field, and is stocked with lots of stuff, some of which would look great on my head, on my body or on my wall.

The thing I liked hearing the most from the very nice USGA staff who ran the meeting were the low cost ways for aspiring golfers to attend the US Open practice and championship rounds.

The following is based on two children per adult. Juniors 12 & under are admitted free the entire week. Juniors 13 - 17 are $15 each for the practice rounds and $30 each for the championship rounds. A bargain based on the "Adult" ticket prices.

This is just another way the USGA is trying to introduce the great sport we love to a new audience. I just hope that one of you will take your child, nephew, niece or grandchild to walk along the ropes at Bethpage Black and experience together one of the world's premier sports events.

See you in the merchandise tent.

Chuck

www.longislandgolfbygolfers.com

No comments:

Post a Comment